Thursday, July 26, 2012

Final Reflection

Final Reflection


This course was, simply put, amazing. I learned so many valuable tools to help me become a better teacher and for when I become a future librarian. Library's are changing because technology is changing. The way we teach is changing because of technology. If you are not up to date with the changes, you will fall behind and you won't be able to provide students with the tools they'll need for THEIR future! I was aware of possibly one or two of the tools we learned this semester, but I was astonished at all of the tools and what we can do with them. I will absolutely use the book trailer idea for my future classes and library. That is just awesome. I also plan on using the blog feature for my classes this fall. Also, I would like to do the digital storytelling with my ESL class at Farmingdale in the fall. I was very happy we learned that! That was something I had heard of and missed a workshop about, but was very glad to have to make that in our class. Before the class started I was not sure what to expect at all! I had not heard of alot of the technology that was on the precourse survey. I was nervous that we would be doing things I couldn't grasp or understand. But having taken the course, I think the assignments were fun and very useful. I told all my family about this course and they responded the same, "Wow. Sounds like it's the most useful class you've taken." And I have to agree. This was THE most useful and practical class I've taken. I really like facebook, but for personal use only. I do have a 'teacher' facebook page for my students at IADT, which is an online only school. I use the facebook with them because I think they like knowing they can see me and chat with me on that level. But for my face-to-face classes, I won't use facebook with them. I would make a library Facebook page though. Twitter I've never been crazy about. I never used it, and probably will never use it to post anything, but I would use it to stay up to date with librarians. But I think blogs are better for that. I will keep using the blogger, if only to read what other librarians and teachers post. Also, scoop I will probably never use. But I can't say never. I will use wix alot, I know that. And everything google. But overall, this was the best class I've ever taken. Thank you professor!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, it was a pleasure to have you in my class. You grasped things easily and I see a tech-filled future in your teaching! Thank you for doing a through job on each and every assignment - and always with a little humor thrown in to make me laugh. Don't give up on twitter - use it to follow the super librarians, they always have such good resources and thoughts to share! :) Karen

    ReplyDelete